Thursday, July 30

More Than You Wanted to Read About Eggs

Once when I was young my Mom cracked open an egg and there were two yolks. She got my sisters and I to come look because it was unusual. I never forgot that.

Well, over 4th of July weekend, someone was cracking eggs for breakfast and discovered another egg with 2 yolks. Well, we all decided that should surely mean something...like someone in the house was pregnant with twins or something. I know, we just totally made up our own superstitious wives' tale.

Well, I hope it's not me because out of the dozen eggs I bought last week, so far three of them have had two yolks. Good grief! It's been the weirdest thing. I told my mom about the first one and the only thing we can figure is because they're the brown eggs. My parents use brown eggs. Even the one when I was little was probably brown, too.

Here's my problem. When you're making something and it calls for two eggs, what do you do if one of your eggs is a double yolk? Does that count as two eggs? I'm wasting eggs here because I don't know. I do what Martha says and crack each egg into a little prep bowl before I put in the mixing bowl in case something is wrong with it, and I'm throwing out the double-yolkers. I need to research this.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

...your throwing them away? WHY?? CRAZY girl, its not like they are defective or something put them in a jar and scramble them later. I laughed so hard I had tears in my eyes!! :)
RRB