Thursday, October 25

Random Items

First random item:
I'm sporting a look today that is not working at all! I'm trying to get creative with ways to stay warm because I haven't gotten out my fall/winter stuff and I won't have time to do it until this weekend. So, today I'm wearing a long denim skirt, earthy closed-toe sandals, a striped oxford shirt, and a gray wool hoodie. (Eew, this outfit even sounds atrocious!) Anyway, the problem is that the shirt is too big, and my hoodie is sort of pushing out the middle of the front of my shirt, so I look like I'm wearing a maternity shirt! I guess I'll just have to keep my hoodie zipped or something. Really, I just can't wait to get home and put on PJs.

Second random item:
Two, it's a well-known fact that I don't handle change well. The weirdest changes bother me deep down inside somewhere, and today I had to fight that unsettling feeling yet again. Let me start at the beginning and maybe you readers won't get bored. I got my first checking account the summer I got my first job. I was 16 and working at McDonald's. I got a student checking account at the local bank that McDonald's used...First City Bank. It was a Murfreesboro company, and they were so sweet and very small town-ish. Anyway, a couple of years later the inevitable happened. They were bought out by a national bank...First American (this bothered me...new ATM card, new checks, new letterhead on my monthly statement-see what I mean...I'm weird). Couple of years later First American was bought or merged with AmSouth (again, this bothered me). I got married. I transferred my lovely little checking account to my new husband's checking account (which then became a joint checking account) still at AmSouth. Well, well, well. A few months ago AmSouth was bought by Regions. Here's where the problems began. Murfreesboro already had several Regions branches and several AmSouth branches, so they're consolidating. That's right. The lovely little branch closest to my house that I've been going to since I was 16 is closing. This morning the teller informed me that this was their last day to be open, and then directed me to where the nearest Regions branch is. Okay, here's where I go into "big baby" mode. I don't want to go to that Regions branch. I liked my AmSouth branch. It still looked like First City Bank which is where I banked to begin with. Sniff...tear.

No comments: