Friday, November 9

Friday Wrap-Up

I haven't blogged much this week, not because I had a boring week, but because I felt like I never really hit my stride. Every day something weird and quirky seemed to happen that threw me off track.

Monday: Everything was set up to be a relatively normal week. I was going to leave work and make my usual Monday evening Kroger run then go home and make a cheese ball for book club on Tuesday night and get settled in for a quiet tv-night at home. Well, I walked out the door from work to go to my car, and I could feel in the air that something was wrong. I looked back behind our building to the NW, and there was a bank of dark, threatening clouds. So, my whole drive home I was seeing lightning bolts in my rearview mirror and listening to the weather as I tried to beat the cold/storm front to M'boro. I didn't stop at Kroger, so I made it home before the weather. Phone rings: David is having radiator trouble, and is working on his car in between tornado warnings at his friend's house. He doesn't know when he'll be home, so i go ahead and make tacos and eat, and leave the stuff where he can just heat it up when he gets home. He arrives home: wet, tired, and cold at about 8:15. We go to bed early.
Tuesday: Take David to the radiator shop because his car is not driveable. They order a new radiator. I get to work about 11:00. I leave at 2:00 to take him back to the radiator shop to pick up new radiator. Tuesday night was book club at my house, but I was strangely idle all afternoon. My house was clean and ready for company. All I had to do was make the famous cheese ball for a snack. After that was done I watched Smallville until everyone arrived. It felt weird to not be bustling around at the last minute. I had even finished the book we were going to discuss.
Wednesday: Always weird because it's church night. I couldn't wait to be home for some reason. I got home from work and did lots of ironing. I also took some clothes to Phase II (consignment shop). *Expect a separate post some day soon about my weird clothing situation that I feel terrible for complaining about.
Thursday: Finally a somewhat normal day. We ate Chinese food for supper and watched a movie.
Friday: I don't know what this day will entail. Work is a flurry because we are approaching a deadline for the Spring 2008 quarter, so there are lots of last-minute corrections going on there. David is out of soap and shampoo, so if I want a nice-smelling husband I need to stop by Target on my way home. I also have to sort out the kids' shirts for the Christmas musical workshop which starts tomorrow (that will merit a whole other post, I'm sure).

I'm sure about one thing: I'm about to cave and buy some Crocs. I want these shoes in cotton candy of course.

I hope this post hasn't been too rambly. I mostly did it for myself. It's helped me to write it down and look back at how weird this week has actually been.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see your post about your experience with Phase II or adult clothing consignment. Sounds like it will be good.
Eddie

Anonymous said...

The Fleece Crocs are adorable - I haven't caved and bought any either - my foot is big enough without having on a big shoe, but ...I don't know ...the Chocolate brown ones are REALLY cute and the red ones ...and the black ones. :)
RRB

Anonymous said...

MICHELE, WE,RE REALLY ENJOYING YOUR BLOG...KEEP IT UP...LOVE GRANDAD AND MOM G