Wednesday, August 20

Why, Georgia, Why?

Sorry it's taken me so long to check in about our trip this past weekend. We had a wonderful visit with David's grandparents. They are typical grandparents in that they are so thrilled when we come visit. They were wonderful hosts and we truly felt at home.

For the second time, David and I visited Stone Mountain Park, and for the second time we were driven home by rain without seeing their favorite laser show. Oh, well...it was a nice day and we got to ride a duck. It's a WW2 era bus that drives on land with wheels and then drives down a boat ramp (very quickly, I might add) into the water and becomes a boat!

Here are a few pics from the day. They give you little duck bills to wear that make a quack noise. They were pretty fun. I gave mine to AbiLyn. I hope she's torturing her parents with it.

This is a one-lane covered bridge that was moved to Stone Mountain from Athens, GA. I thought it was cute, but the lighting wasn't quite right.


Next up on the month-o-traveling...Bristol. Dad and I are headed to race weekend in Bristol, TN on Friday morning! I can't wait!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad you had a good trip to Atlanta. I love Stone Mountain. Haven't been there in years, I guess since we moved back. We need to go back sometime. Always enjoyed the Laser show. Thanks for sharing.
Eddie

Amy said...

Paul and I have quackers too!

Anonymous said...

It's hard to torment us w/ her duck call when she doesn't know where it is... and I didn't even take it away! (i'm just not helping her find it... under Lex's crib)

Liz