Thursday, November 19

Summary

Yesterday turned out non-eventful, by the way! It was a good day from start to finish.

Let's see if I can catch you all up on any interesting things I've done since Halloween. The Halloween party was fun. David's band did a great job as always.

The next weekend AbiLyn spent the night with us on Saturday night. We went to Chili's and Best Buy and the pet store. She was so funny in the pet store. She wanted to look at ALL the animals...even the rats and the snakes and the mice. Yuck. And in Best Buy...wow, too many buttons that she wasn't allowed to push. It drove her (and me) a little crazy. We had fun, though. She is so incredibly sweet and adorable.

Last weekend Liz, AbiLyn, and I went to Chattanooga to see my "little" cousin (he's a senior in high school and taller than me) in his school's production of The Fiddler on the Roof. It was amazing. They have a beautiful auditorium, and the cast and orchestra did an amazing job. I did not feel like I was at a high school production at all. Asa was the constable, and he did a fabulous job. It was a little weird seeing him be the bad guy and throw a punch. He was very intimidating. It was so nice to get to spend some time with my aunt before and after the play. We had dinner at Tony's and dessert at Rembrandt's since apparently my sisters and I can't cross the Hamilton County line without going to the art district.

Saturday Mom and I spent the day in Nashville again. We went to Cheekwood. It was lovely. The main reason we were going was to see the Faberge exhibit they have there. Since we did the play Anastasia in high school I have been fascinated by the story of the Romanov family. Maybe that's why I wanted to see this collection so badly. Faberge was the court jeweler to the Romanovs, and it was very interesting to see pieces of art that were their gifts to one another.

Mom and I ate lunch at Cheekwood at The Pineapple Room. After that we went to The Hill Center. We had spent a little time here a couple of months ago, but Mom had been dying to really expore it, so we did. I had one of the best cookies I've ever eaten at Provence. It was 2 of the most delicate, crumbly sugar cookie hearts with raspberry jam in between. I could have eaten a dozen...but I only had one.

That brings us up to this weekend, and it's going to be a good one! I'll report later.

No comments: