Tuesday, August 28

Happenings

I'm getting very lazy...I think it must be the heat, but thankfully that will be tapering off soon.

I had a FUN weekend. It was action-packed, but those are the best ones sometimes! On Friday night I went on a little road trip with my sister, my niece, and a couple of girlfriends (Crystal and Kristie). We went to Hohenwald for Liz's baby shower with her in-laws. We stayed overnight with Eric's grandparents in their gorgeous, sprawling home! I've never seen a house that big with just one level. It was awesome. See below for some great pictures of AbiLyn and her cousin, Baby Judah.


Saturday night David and I went to see a play at the Darkhorse Theater. A friend of David's from work has started a theater group and they were performing a play called Cryin' Shame. It was really good. I love seeing live theater like this. It's a small theater, no set changes, no pretention, and you're very close to the actors. You feel the emotion so much more! David and I used to do this kind of thing a lot, but we don't venture into Nashville much anymore except for work. It was really nice to be out and about again on a Saturday night. Although, instead of having a nice dinner afterwards we hit the Arby's drive-thru so we could get on home. David did have to work on Sunday, after all.

Sunday was pretty normal except that I overslept in the morning. I hate when that happens. Sunday night we had a visiting preacher, Russ Cripps. I really enjoyed hearing him. I've discovered he has a blog. Check it out.

So now I'm back into another week. It's a pretty big week, though. Special mentions go to the following:
Congratulations, Crystal, on starting your new job!
Hang in there, Liz. You'll make it.
Baby Lex, we can't wait to meet you! Make sure you're all done baking before you vacate the oven!
Mom, Dad, Carla, Brian: can't wait to hear all about your San Fran trip. Travel safely today!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Michele.
I was beginning to wonder if you had taken another "blog break". Good to see you back. Loved the pictures of AbiLyn and Judah. Sounds like you had a great time. I need to ask you about the theatre experience - I have heard of the Darkhorse Theater, but just assumed they performed stuff I wouldn't be interested in, but ... Thanks for the tip on the blog of Russ Cripps - I checked it out and posted on it. Another one I can check out regularly. Have a good one.
Eddie

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the encouragement. I love that pic of AbiLyn and Judah! It is really good!

Love you!
Liz