Tuesday, June 10

My strange and creepy mind

This morning I was driving into work very, very early. Seriously, it was around 4:45. No one was on the streets. It was very peaceful, and the sky was just beginning to lighten. Okay, that sets the scene for you.

Murfreesboro has recently installed traffic cameras at several major intersections to catch people running red lights. It's been a topic for months now that they were going to be put up, and so I've been trying to get better about speeding through yellow lights, so I don't get a ticket. Well, this morning I came up to an intersection where one was. I stopped because the light was red, but I was overcome with this almost uncontrollable urge to roll on through the red light just to see what would happen. No one was around, and it would have been safe, so I just wanted to see what would happen. Would a flash go off? Would I know I'd been caught?

Why do some humans get these ridiculous, harmful urges? Am I the only one? I get gross ones, too...like, "I wonder what would happen if that pencil went in my eye" or "I wonder what it would feel like if I just cut one of my toes off."

Maybe I'm insane, but there's a little musing for your day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's so funny I have the same creepy tendencies sometimes -like wondering how much it would hurt if I did weird stuff to myself (of course at the moment I can't think of a single one!!!). I also have this overwhelming urge to go buy something in a glass bottle, never even open it just smash it up against a brick wall to watch it explode into a million pieces!!
Do we need psychic evals!?!?!?!
RRB