Saturday, March 21

A Little Late to the Party

So over the last couple of weeks I have been absolutely sucked (haha...punny) into the world of the Twilight saga by Stephenie Meyer. Many of my younger friends including my niece Mackenzie have been asking me for months if I've read these books, and I just hadn't gotten around to it. Well, I finally did, and I love them. They are so amazing!

Well, when the Twilight movie came out last holiday season, David was on strike and money to go the movies was scarce. Plus, I hadn't read the book yet, so I wanted to wait until it came out on DVD. Last night at 12:01 Twilight was released on DVD.

My friend at work has been reading the books, too, and we were very excited to see the movie, so we started toying with the idea of a sort-of slumber party to watch the movie version of our last book club book, The Secret Life of Bees, and Twilight.

I invited Mackenzie and Taylor to come along and Jennifer's cousin Katherine was with her, and we were at Wal-Mart on Old Fort Parkway at 12:15 this morning and WOW! They had probably ten registers open plus the self-check, and there was a line to pay at every single one. I really couldn't believe how many people were there. I've never done something like that, but it was really fun. We went back to Jennifer's house and watched the movie immediately. Wonderful adaptation!

There are now two adolescent girls sacked out in my guest room, and their "cool aunt" has a headache. I'm definitely gonna need a nap this afternoon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's so funny. Maggie mentioned to me about Hastings hosting a party the evening the video came out. It was a big craze. Maggie has read the series and wants to see the video. Thanks for sharing the post.
Eddie