Saturday, March 7

What a Day!

I cannot believe the day I just had. I experienced some really cool places that were new to me and visited some old favorites. It all started a few weeks ago, when I was telling my co-worker about McKay's in Nashville. Well, she had never been there. We started planning a trip on some random Saturday. Now the holidays are over, and it was time to make that trip. Today was the day!

Of course, the trip grew. We decided we would head away from M'boro early and eat breakfast at Loveless. Then we decided we wanted to go to Green Hills, then she ended up having an appt. to get her hair done. So here's how my day went.

7:00 - Jennifer picks me up with hot Starbucks ready to go.
8:00 - Breakfast at Loveless...award winning biscuits, country ham, blackberry and peach preserves...heaven!
9:00 - Whole Foods in the new Hill Center...well new to me. This grocery store was so cool. I can't wait til M'boro gets one...hopefully it will be soon.
10:00 - Jennifer had a hair appt. in the 12South neighborhood, so while she did that I hung out at the Frothy Monkey coffee shop and read my book club book.
12:30 - We headed back to the Hill Center to go to the Anthropologie store. This store is wonderful...a girly girl's paradise. I have always enjoyed their website and catalog, but this was my first visit to the brick-and-mortar store. I could do some serious damage in there, but I refrained. We also checked out Swoozie's and the Life is Good store.
1:30 - Lunch at brontë at Davis-Kidd
2:00 - Green Hills shopping...all I got were some dishcloths at Williams-Sonoma and some tights for next winter on clearance at Ann Taylor. Oh, I also had some delicious iced tea from Teavana.
4:30ish - McKay's...as usual I got a tall stack of books for about $20.

Now...I'm home! I just took a shower and got in my PJs, and I'm so tired! Night-Night everyone.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun and busy day, and beautiful weather for the enjoyment - life is good. Love the bit about a stack of books from McKay's for $20 - can't beat that.
Thanks for sharing.
Eddie

Anonymous said...

Girl! I bet you were wore OUT!! So glad you had a great girly day - I really need to try and get up to McKay's - sounds wonderful!!
RRB

Amy said...

Sounds awesome! You and Katy and I really need to have a day sometime soon. :o) We miss you tons!