Wednesday, May 6

Checking In

Just checking in with a little update. Everything's going along fine...just not much interesting going on.

One exception: My Mama Dugan's birthday was Saturday. She turned 101! We had the party at my Mom and Dad's here in M'boro. There was a great turnout of family! It was nice to see and visit with some family that I rarely see.

Things are just pretty quiet right now. Working and wishing all this rain would stop. Here are a couple of pictures to show how much the water's up at the lake. The first one is from Mama's birthday party in '07, and the second was taken just a day or so ago (it's courtesy of my Dad's facebook page). A good way to compare is to look at the poles on each end of the last section of dock. Also you normally have to walk down to the dock. Now it appears as if we'd have to walk up. At least we won't be praying for the water to be up this year by Memorial Day. I actually hope it goes down, and some of that junk clears out!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love to see time-lapsed photography like that! Very interesting to see the difference a couple of years can make, and in this case several inches of rain. I know we are annoyed by it now, but hopefully it will help us have a nice drought-free summer.
Wow, Sis. Dugan is 101! Amazing. Such a sweet lady.
Eddie