Tuesday, May 26

Checking In

Good morning! It's me...finally! I've been facebooking more and more lately, so I guess you could say I've been "cheating" on my blog. Here's some highlights of what I've been doing lately.

- Got up early and went yard-saling last Saturday. I got a couple of cute tops, a toaster oven, and a carrier for Lucy.

- I have a nest in one of my ferns which prompted me to go buy some of those little water-globe-things, because I now can't water that fern with the regular sprayer.

- David and I spent the day together last Sunday for his birthday. We ate lunch at O'Charley's and went to see the 12:30 of Angels & Demons. It was a good movie, but it's so different from the book. They had to leave out a lot of stuff for time...read the book. It's good, and not nearly as controversial as Da Vinci Code.

- We had our annual York reunion in M'boro on Saturday. We got together at the General Bragg trailhead of the Greenway. It was a lovely day, and the rain managed to hold off.

- We spent the rest of the weekend at the lake for Memorial Day. I had my first experience of coming off the jet ski while it was going 40 mph. Not fun! I'm okay...just a little sore. David was driving and felt terrible about it. It wasn't his fault...jet ski hit a wake the wrong way. Lex also had his first boat ride. He actually got in two boat rides this weekend. First one he sat very still and didn't know what to think about his life jacket and the wind. Second one he and his sister fell asleep. It had been a very long, active Memorial Day.

I'm now enjoying a scheduled day off work. I love tacking on an extra day to a holiday weekend. I've got loads of ironing to do, and I need to go to the grocery store. Those are my chores for the day!

Hope everyone has a good day! Summer's officially here!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to hear from you again in the blogsphere. It was a beautiful Memorial Day weekend. Good weather. We had fun at the church picnic at Barfield Park - it didn't rain! Hallelujah! Nice breezes all day - a good time. We miss you and David. Getting geared up for a busy summer.
Eddie

Anonymous said...

You BIG sissy!!! :) You should invite your Uncle Randy to come up and take care of the nest for you ... have they hatched yet?
Glad you had chance to stop by your blog and visit! lol
Sounds like you had a wonderful Memorial Day weekend as did we!!!
If you need to rotate out some of your treasures we are having a yard sale at the church in a few weeks. :)