Saturday, May 9

Love to the Mommas

The clocks were striking midnight, and the rooms were very still, as a figure glided quietly from bed to bed, smoothing a coverlid here, settling a pillow there, and pausing to look long and tenderly at each unconscious face, to kiss each with lips that mutely blessed, and to pray the fervent prayers which only mothers utter. As she lifted the curtain to look out into the dreary night, the moon broke suddenly from behind the clouds, and shone upon her like a bright benignant face, which seemed to whisper in the silence, "Be comforted, dear heart! there is always light behind the clouds."

Little Women by Louisa May Alcott



I want to wish a giant Happy Mother's Day to my Mom tomorrow! I love you, Mom, and we're so excited to have you over for family dinner Tuesday. I hope you have a wonderful day.

I also need to wish a Happy Mother's Day to my mother-in-law, Debby Johnson. I don't think I brag enough here about how extremely blessed I am to have the most amazing mother-in-law in the world! You will never hear me utter MIL horror stories...never, because I seriously don't have any!

Happy Mother's Day as well to all the other moms and grandmothers in my life. I love you all, and as always...you are all perpetual examples of beautiful motherhood! Should I ever be blessed to be a mother I will have no shortage of women to look to for guidance.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful tribute to mothers. I agree with you about the mother-in-law stories. I can't relate at all. I also have a wonderful mother-in-law. It was a good Mother's Day. Regina chose to spend hers at the park with the family, since we had a break in the rain.
Eddie

Anonymous said...

Love the quote!!! ...sigh... that has to be one of the absolute best fiction books ever written. Just reading that quote makes my heart happy and something inside of me just relaxes. Thanks for the smile!
RRB

Anonymous said...

Hey, Michele.
Please tell David "Happy Birthday" for me today. Wasn't sure the best way to get a message to him.
Thanks.
Eddie