Tuesday, September 29

Fun and Frivolity

Well, I only made it six days in a row of blogging. Sorry. I should be able to go on a streak much longer than that. What if I blog every single day in October? I think I should be able to do that. It's a very fun month and it's the month of my birthday!

We had a great weekend. Friday night I went to a Pampered Chef party at the home of a friend from work. David went with me and played Rock Band on the Wii with her husband upstairs while we all Pampered Chef'd downstairs.

He worked on Saturday, and I slept in (aaah). It was the perfect day for it too, still rainy. We then met my family at the bowling alley and Lex and AbiLyn bowled for the first time.

Mom and I went to Green Hills to see The September Issue, which was fabulous! If you've ever been a reader of Vogue with any regularity, you should definitely check it out.
After the movie, Mom suggested we get a snack at The Cheesecake Factory...code for "We want some cheesecake but would feel guilty just ordering a piece of cheesecake without some 'real' food first." She had a bowl of soup and I had a snack portion of Shrimp Scampi Crostini...delish! For dessert, we had red velvet cheesecake...oh. my. goodness. Amazing! It was a layer of red velvet cake, layer of cheesecake, layer of red velvet cake, and another layer of cheesecake with a white chocolate ganache on top.
Then we went to Anthropologie, where I came very close to buying this ear warmer, and Whole Foods, which Mom had never been to before. We got some granola but didn't write down the correct PLU code, so we got it for free! I also bought some hydrangeas that are so pretty! Oh, and I saw the Montgomery guy from Montgomery Gentry.

Saturday night I cleaned the house, and Sunday I went to church. We wrapped up the weekend Sunday night by watching the start of a new Ken Burns documentary on PBS.

It was a GREAT weekend!

No comments: