Wednesday, May 16

Dream a Little Dream

I have always been one of those people who can vividly recall most of the dreams I have...to the point that they often will affect me the following day. David is totally opposite, in that he rarely remembers dreams he has. I think I remember the dreams so clearly because they usually occur in the early morning after I have awakened once and gone back to sleep.

A dream I had this morning sent me to Wikipedia to research the topic. I think it was a lucid dream which is a dream in which dreamers "realize that they are dreaming, and are sometimes capable of...controlling various aspects of the dream, in which the suspension of disbelief is often broken." I also remember something I heard once that dreams are sometimes ways of working out real life problems without the constraints of reality. For example, in high school I always wanted to be able to do a round-off back handspring. I had a great round-off, but could never finish with a back handspring. In numerous dreams I would backhandspring across the gym at school. In my dream this morning that happened. I was able to speak to someone that's been on my mind lately, but I don't even know how to contact them in reality. It was weird. I knew I was dreaming and was totally able to control the conversation with this person and ask/tell them things I would in person. Very weird!

No comments: