Tuesday, May 22

Update

I was reading some of my older posts, and I realized that I should post some updates...so here they are!

The sewing class was interesting, but I'm not "cut out" to be a seamstress (sorry, horrible play on words). I don't possess that brand of patience. I'll read a 1,000-page novel, no problem, but all that time hunched over a sewing machine or cutting out fabric...I can't handle it. However, one of my BFF's has found a new hobby. She and her daughter have worn matching outfits the past two Sundays that she made. Crystal and Lilla, you look adorable, and I'm so proud of you Crystal! You rock!

My sister's baby boy will be named Alexander Eric Droke (their daughter is Abigail Ellyn...matching initials, so cute). He'll be called "Lex." I love it! If he ends up being a criminal mastermind trying to take over the world, I'll be singing a different tune, but for now i think it's cute!

My parents-in-law got David a bench for our front porch for his birthday. We love sitting on it in the evenings admiring the front yard. Oh, they also sold their house this past Sunday. I'm so excited for them! They have quite a moving chore ahead of them, though, since they've lived in the same house for 30 years. Good luck, y'all! We'll definitely be there to help you!

No comments: