Monday, November 17

Secret Desire

Yesterday was the last race of the season. Not only are there winners every week in NASCAR, but there is one ultimate winner of the whole season. For anyone who doesn't know...each driver accumulates points every race by leading laps, winning races, finishing in the top ten, etc. At the end of the season there will be a Sprint Cup Champion. This creates a very weird situation. The Sprint Cup Champion may not necessarily win the last race, so there are two victors at the end of the last race.

Yesterday Jimmie Johnson won an unprecedented third consecutive Sprint Cup Championship. I like Jimmie Johnson and since he's a teammate of my favorite, Jeff Gordon, I was happy.

However Carl Edwards won the race. Carl Edwards seems nice enough, and he was the winner of the big race I went to in Bristol, but he almost seems too good to be true. He also has a signature move. He does a backflip off his car on the Start/Finish line every time he wins a race.



Now, when he won at Bristol I was all caught up in the moment and cheered like crazy with everyone else when he did it, but I secretly want him to face plant one time. It would be sad at first, but once they made sure he was okay...I'd totally laugh.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you one of those crazy people who laugh when people like me do things like fall up the stairs, trip over invisible objects, etc.? Glad to see you back!!
RRB

Anonymous said...

I can so see you doing that laughing thing, once you know he's ok. That's hilarious. Thanks for the laugh this morning.
Eddie