Wednesday, February 25

Funny David Anecdote

I don't normally post much about David because, to be honest, this blog is about me...LOL, but here's a funny anecdote that happened today.

We were standing in the kitchen, fixing supper, and having our normal end of the day chat. We were fixing tuna and David was commenting about a co-worker who's not eating meat for Lent. So we talked for a minute about today being Ash Wednesday. Well, we move on and I'm telling him some other story, and like 5 minutes later he slaps his hand on the counter and says, "That's what that was." He had seen VP Joe Biden on some news footage today with ashes on his forehead and David thought it was a bruise. He had even googled Joe Biden forehead to find out if he had fallen down or something. I got so tickled at him. He was so glad to find out what that mark was. It had been driving him crazy...of course some would say that's a pretty short trip, but anyway. I love him!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is hilarious. I didn't notice it on the VP, but I'll definitely look now. That's funny, because Maggie was suddenly interested in the whole Mardi Gras, Ash Wednesday, Lent thing this year.
Thanks for sharing.
Eddie