Thursday, April 16

Easter 2009

Let me just preface all the pics and stuff by saying how much I enjoy Easter! It's a truly happy holiday. There's the joy of what we're celebrating, it sort of marks the beginning of a new season, and you get to spend time with family...it's all so great!

Here are some pics of us at church with my in-laws in Smyrna...and Mackenzie and Taylor (Aren't our nieces total knockouts?!). Pardon David's scowl...he wasn't mad, just blinded by the sun. We should have gotten his sunglasses out of the car.



After we went to church with the Johnsons, we headed up to M'boro for dinner with my family. We had to pass some of the tornado damage on the way there. Sunday morning was my first time to be more than just a couple of miles away from our house since the tornado, and wow...the damage is so much more astounding in person. I still can't wrap my mind around all of it. Anyway, on to Easter dinner. I made a Rachael Ray potato salad that was a hit. Click here for the recipe, and keep in mind that I didn't do the three-bean salad part, just the potato part. It was pretty good. Unfortunately, Liz was suffering from a terrible case of strep throat this weekend, but we made her and Eric get in the pictures anyway!






Liz made the most adorable Easter version of one of our favorite family desserts, and Lex just couldn't get enough. He was running around from person to person getting bites.


So, that was our Easter in a nutshell. I hope everyone else had a good one!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great post with great photos! Glad you guys had a good Easter. It is a great time to celebrate new life that Christ gives us.
Eddie