Sunday, June 28

Big Weekend

Yesterday I whitewater rafted for the first time. David and I went to the Ocoee with some friends of his from work. It was very exciting and scary. I'm really glad I did it, and I think I want to give it one more try. I fell out of the boat once, was underneath the boat, and that sort of freaked me out. It happened early on in the trip, so I was a little spooked for the rest of the trip. David fell out twice. The second time he had to be picked up by another boat...it was a mess.

We just got back from seeing AbiLyn in the summer musical, Fish Tales. Of all the musicals TPOM has done this one is my favorite. Eric, my brother-in-law, was also in it. They did a fantastic job. Also the staff did a great job of running things all week at the workshop. Here are a couple of pics of AbiLyn.





Oh, and if you're wondering why there are no Ocoee pictures. Well, Saturday morning we were in a tizzy getting out the door, and I vividly remembered carrying the camera outside along with several other things. Well, we get to the river, and we're at the little visitor center where they had the Olympics, and there's a little museum and overlook. Well, I start looking for the camera and can't find it anywhere. I think, "I guess I just left it at home." We get home late last night and can't find it anywhere! We look all through the house, the car, the garage...everywhere. I think...hmmm, I had a bag of garbage from where we got Chinese food Friday night that I threw away Saturday morning. I look in the trash can in the garage...sure enough. There's the camera.

Have a great week, everyone! It's a short one!

No comments: