Thursday, December 17

Christmas-ness

Oh, and we're having a lovely Christmas season, by the way!

Last weekend I went with Mom and Dad to Franklin for the Dickens of a Christmas festival. It's so much fun. Historic Franklin is such a neat little storybook kind of place, and when you throw in carriage rides, and people in costumes, and carolers, and kids playing the violin, and handbell choirs, and water goblet players you start to feel like you're in a movie. And I haven't even talked about all the darling shops that are open. After the festival Dad wanted to go try out Cajun Steamer in Cool Springs. I had the delicious crawfish etoufee with cheese grits, and it was the perfect finish to a cold, overcast day.

Sunday I spent the day making Christmas treats because on Monday night my sisters and AbiLyn came over to watch White Christmas. We drank hot chocolate and ate sweets and tried (rather unsuccessfully) to string popcorn for the lake Christmas tree.

The rest of the week has been fairly normal with work and trying to get on top of all the food prep and the very little gift buying we have to do. I also got inspired in Franklin last weekend to get more creative with the embellishment on my wrapped Christmas gifts. I'm pretty good at gift-wrapping, but I'm always a little disappointed in the way my bows look. It may be because I've been using the same bag of bows for about five years now. However, I had an epiphany at work yesterday, and I think I may have a darling little idea. We'll see. I'll post a pic if it's a success.

No comments: