Sunday, December 6

Picture-Worthy Weekend

So this weekend may take the prize as my favorite weekend in a very long time. It began with dinner at Camino Re Al with my family and the tree lighting on the square in M'boro. I don't have any pictures of this because I forgot my camera (argh!), but we had a blast! It was delightfully cold and Christmas-y out.

Saturday morning David woke me with the news that it had snowed. I said, "No way, you're telling me a story." He said, "No, really, look out your window." Wow! the ground and the rooves were covered with a thin layer of snow...on the first weekend in December! So, we got to go pick out our Christmas tree in the remnants of the snow on a crisp, clear, beautiful day! Perfect! We even got a discount on our tree! Here's some pics of our decorated house.



After we left the tree farm we went to eat lunch at Miller's Grocery. It was delicious as always. I had the pork chop with macaroni and cheese and broccoli casserole, and David and I split a piece of hummingbird cake. Here's some pictures.



After Miller's David and I scurried home to get our tree in the stand and lights put on it. Then he headed out for a gig, and I started decorating the tree.

Last night I went to the Oaklands Candlelight Tour of Homes here in Murfreesboro. If you've never participated in this event I strongly urge you to do so. It's really fun if you're a nosy parker like me who loves to look at houses and how people have them decorated. Basically, the candlelight tour is a fund raiser where you buy a ticket to tour seven or eight historic homes in the downtown area of Murfreesboro. A church is usually part of the tour and you also get to tour Oaklands Historic House which is decorated for Christmas the way it would have been in its heyday. The homes and the church are usually within walking distance of each other, and you just wander from house to house. I went with Mom and Dad and Grandaddy and Mom Glenda. We had a great time.

This afternoon we went to see AbiLyn and lots of other little friends in Bethlehem Treasure, the Christmas musical at TPOM. Everyone involved did a fabulous job, once again. Kudos!



No comments: