Thursday, December 11

A post in which I rave about snow and ramble about other things

We went to the Johnsons' house tonight for banana nut bread baking! I had been sort of ambivalent about going since it was a weeknight after all, but I made up my mind this morning that I would definitely go. Well as I was leaving work it was really starting to snow! I called David to make sure we were still on for the drive to Smyrna, and he didn't realize how bad it was coming down.

Well, it took a while to get there. At one point on 840 we couldn't even see the lines on the road. Anyway, it was so beautiful! It struck me that even though things aren't great right now even David could still admire the beauty of the falling snow. Combined with everyone's Christmas lights it was breathtaking! His words: "See, aren't you glad you got out?" Thank you, God, for this early Christmas gift!

We're now safely back home. Please say a special prayer for Friday. David's union and the company are supposed to resume negotiations with the help of a federal mediator. If things go well, he could be back to work next week.

Oh, and one more thing...David's mother and sister had begun to question if he had more than one outfit. I promise he has other clothes than that mustard colored tee and brown pants. He just tends to latch on to a particular outfit.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't you just love snow!! Danaeyn was soooooooooo excited last night when she saw the snow! I can imagine how beautiful it was on the 840. How was the bread!!?!?
RRB

Anonymous said...

It was really beautiful, and this morning it was pretty neat hearing the crunching ice under driving car tires, from inside our house. It was pretty loud. It was nice present from the Lord before Christmas. Last night Lincoln kept saying "it's Christmas!" He definitely associates snow with Christmas. A beautiful time of year. Thanks for the post.
Eddie

Anonymous said...

Also nice to hear about David's union strike maybe resolving soon. That would be nice to get solved soon, I'm sure. We'll say a prayer.
Eddie

Amy said...

I hope David gets to go back to work soon. That would be so wonderful. Please let me know what happened.

And thanks for all the comments on my blog!