Wednesday, December 24

Strange Christmas Eve

Sorry about taking so long for an update. It's just been hectic and our computer at home has been having some virus-y problems. It's been an interesting past few days. We've done all the Christmas-y things: decorated cookies, gone to family Christmas reunions, done a tiny bit of shopping, sent a few cards (BTW...We scaled back our card-sending this year, so please don't get your feelings hurt if you didn't receive one.), etc.

However, today is probably going to be the strangest Christmas Eve I've ever experienced. For starters, just call me Bob Cratchit because I'm working. We all came in at 7, so we at least will be able to leave at 4 if they don't let us go earlier. This afternoon, unfortunately, I'll be attending the funeral of a friend, Jimmy Nicholson (probably needs a separate post). After that I'll come back to work and leave at 4 to go to my in-laws for their Christmas. Tonight I'll be coming back to my house alone because it's David's night to walk the picket line.

If any of my readers know me well, they know that I'm very much about routines and rituals and things not changing! So...I might do well to delete this Christmas Eve from my memory. Next year we'll resume as usual.

I know this is sort of a sad Christmas Eve post and that's not at all my intention. There have been some very good things happen in the last few days...quality time spent with friends and family, surprise holiday blessings, and the smack-in-the face, happy-tears moment that sneaks up on me every year when I begin to grasp the awesome wonder of Jesus coming to earth. Those are the things I'm trying to focus on today.

Love and peace to everyone on this day before the big day!

1 comment:

Amy said...

I'm sorry you didn't get to have a more traditional Christmas Eve, hun. I hope you have a very merry Christmas Day and that the coming New Year brings a lot of good fortune for you and David.