Friday, June 1

"I's just reading!"

Aaaah, Memorial Day Weekend 2007!

It was so much fun! David and I picked up AbiLyn from daycare on Friday afternoon and headed to my mom and dad's house at the lake. Liz and Eric were going to come down later, and Carla and Brian were meeting us on Saturday. Grandaddy, Mom Glenda, and Mama came down Friday evening, too. We had supper at the always classy Dockside Market (it really is delish)!

Saturday my mom's family had a reunion on Signal Mountain right outside Chattanooga. We were at a great park called the Pumpkin Patch. It was so wonderful to see everyone, and we had such a great visit. I fell and skinned most of the skin off my left knee. David couldn't even ask if I was alright because he was laughing so hard, but he got his. Later, the guys were swinging (don't worry pics will follow), and I guess they thought they were still in elementary school. They decided to swing out and jump off. Well David did and nearly went end-over-end in the mulch. My cousin got a great picture of this. It's hilarious! Unfortunately, I wasn't there to witness it. Back at the lake Saturday afternoon we spent some time out on the water and saw the sunset from the boat...beautiful!!

Sunday morning it was back to Murfreesboro to see AbiLyn "graduate" from the nursery class at church then back to the lake for fun and frolic on the water! Mom and I kayaked around the little cove where their dock is. I love kayaking on the lake. It feels so effortless, but afterwards my arms always feel like they got a workout. Sunday night we had the most wonderful meal. Grilled salmon and chicken and shrimp, grilled veggies, baked potatoes...Yummy!

Oh, here's where I explain the title of this blog. My parents' house at the lake is not overly fancy. It's plenty nice, but it's not really big enough for all 8 of us plus AbiLyn to stay overnight, but we just pile in there anyway! My parents sleep in the master bedroom on the main floor, and there's another bedroom on the lower floor. There's also a great room and another bathroom and small kitchen down there. That's where we "kids" usually reside. The bedroom downstairs has two twin beds and a queen bed, so there are usually two couples sleeping in there. The third couple will usually inflate the air mattress and sleep in the great room. Well, Sunday night David and I were sleeping on the air mattress, but before he was going to go to sleep he needed to make one more trip to the bathroom. The light was on, though, and someone was in there. We kept waiting, and waiting, and waiting for the person to finish up and come out. There was no water running, and we couldn't figure out what was going on. I finally walked over and tapped on the door. Carla was sitting on the steps leading up to the tub. Her words to David: "Oh, I's just reading." (you have to imagine her saying this in her little voice...lol. If you need to know how it sounded...ask David...his impression of her is spot on.) She was wrapped up in a book, and that was the only place she could read and not disturb anyone. Bless her heart! Carla, you just crack me up!

Monday...more playing on the water. I got sunburned...like an idiot, but it was a fun day.

Highlights of the weekend:
  • Hanging out with my sisters
  • Hearing David and Brian scream like little girls because they almost flipped the jetski
  • AbiLyn running full throttle across the platform at church in front of God and everybody to give the pastor a hug and get her certificate for graduation
  • "I want my stuff back"
  • Seeing Brian bounce across the lake on his bottom because he bounced right out of the tube he was riding
  • Playing in the lake with AbiLyn and her "swimming" (in her life jacket) from one person to the other
  • "Oh, I's just reading."
  • Watching AbiLyn playing with her cousins and seeing them slide down the slide together
  • Watching Liz fish and kayak and swim with this amazingly gorgeous pregnancy glow (Liz, when I grow up and get pregnant I want to be just like you!)
  • Having the courage to jump off the dock and actually swim around without a life jacket

No comments: