Monday, June 11

My other family

In the great marathon of introducing and discussing family members I am aware that I have neglected my in-laws...my other family. This has not been on purpose, but I just didn't have any updated pictures of them. Well, this weekend was David's grandfather's 75th birthday! Everyone converged on the town of Smyrna for a weekend-long celebration. Everyone really enjoyed the visit and was already planning the next get-together!

Here are some pictures from the party. I won't go into too much detail explaining all the different connections and how everyone's related. What's important is we're family, and I truly consider this family a blessing!

The man of honor, Grandaddy (Debby's dad), and his wife Jeanne, aka Grandmother. They came up from Atlanta, and we had so much fun spending time with them!

Here's Grandaddy blowing out his candles. He had a very special knife to cut the cake. Just click on play in the middle of the image.


Here are my mother-in-law, her sister Billie, and her brother Denny. Billie flew in from Louisiana and Denny from Northern California.

Here are my wonderful mother- and father-in-law, Debby and Anthony Johnson.


Here is David's oldest sister Patty, her husband Buddy, and their girls Mackenzie and Taylor.


Here is David's second sister Becky with Mackenzie and Taylor. Becky just bought her first house. We're all so excited for her!

Patty, Becky, "Bub," and their Grandaddy.

Jeremy and Rachel, cousins from Atlanta. They need to put a brick on their heads. I can't believe how grown-up they're looking!

As if this group weren't silly and giggly enough, let's add another girl, our cousin Rachel. She and her family were visiting from Atlanta. Rachel, Mackenzie, and Taylor all came to my house on Friday night to go swimming and we actually managed to run off everyone in the pool.

The girls thought it would be funny to throw confetti in David's hair. I looked like a monkey trying to pick it all out, and when he got home and took a shower there was still some stuck in there.

Now, because I was told to blog it, a very unflattering picture of me that my sister-in-law sent.

I know I wasn't able to include pictures of everyone, and I'm sorry. There were just so many people there! It was so good to see everyone this weekend. I can't wait until the next time!

No comments: