Monday, August 10

Book Notes

I just wanted to talk for a minute about the different things I'm reading right now. I normally try to only tackle one book at a time, but you'll see I have three in my sidebar note.

I started the Isabel Dalhousie book in hopes of squeezing it in before I started The Help for book club. I wasn't successful, so I stopped a couple chapters in to read the book club book. I'm not sure how much I'm going to like the Isabel book. I may not finish it...we'll see.

The Help, however, is another thing. This book is fantastic! It's the best book I've read in a long time. It reminds me a little of how I felt when I read Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood for the first time. Parts of it are hilarious, parts of it are horrifying, and all the in between is just wonderfully written! I can't wait for this book club.

I'm listening to Bloodsucking Fiends on my iPod at work. I already listened to the sequel (You Suck) a couple of months ago, so I'm going backwards, but it's very good, too! Very funny!

1 comment:

Lizzy said...

I'm glad you wrote this! I need to get the book club book read by the 25th!