Thursday, August 6

That's What I Get for Being So Smug

Carla and I went to Youth Congress last night. It was very fun, and we had a good time visiting. I don't get to spend a lot of one-on-one time with Carla. She's very, very busy, and she lives on the other side of town, so I'm not constantly dropping by her house like I do with Liz.

Well, we decided that we weren't going to dress up too much. We weren't going to wear heels for sure. We parked at the publishing house (for free...yay!), and walked from there to the Frist Center (to try to eat at the cafe-closed) to Jack's on Broadway(delish) to the Sommet Center. We walked all the way around the inside of the Sommet Center to decide where to sit. All this time we had been looking with pity at all the silly girls with their ridiculously high heels, and I had been noticing a dull pain on the bottom of both of my feet. It's the spot right between the balls of my feet at the base of my middle toes. By the time church was over, I had two full-blown, painful blisters. Luckily, Brian came up from M'boro in time for preaching, and he was parked fairly close. He and Carla dropped me off at my car. I don't know what I would have done if I had had to walk all the way back to my car. My poor feet...I thought I was being so smart, and I still ended up in pain today!

3 comments:

Lizzy said...

Awww... that sad, but also funny...lol. were they new shoes?

Michele said...

That's just the thing...they were old shoes. Those little black leather slides that I wear all the time.

Anonymous said...

My black slides do the same thing!!! It must be something about how the foot moves around in the shoe w/o a back????? ...or maybe it was just dur to the smugness? :)
RRB