Tuesday, December 11

Bragging on myself

Ask me what I was doing at 4:30 this morning. That's right; you heard me correctly. I said 4:30 AM. I was cleaning my filthy bathrooms. Did I mention it was 4:30?

Here's a little recap of the last 24 hours of my life. Liz had a Tastefully Simple party last night, so I went straight to her house by way of the daycare to pick up AbiLyn after work. I left there about 8:30 and stopped by the library on the way home. I got home a little after 9:00, and David was already asleep. I put on PJs and went downstairs. During all this running around, I kept thinking about how my bathrooms were so dirty I wouldn't have let anyone else even lift up the toilet lids and that I had to do something immediately about it. David and I are about to be flung headfirst into the craziness of the holiday party circuit (fun but crazy), and I won't have time to clean again for about 2 weeks. So, last night while David was snoozing I cleaned the kitchen all except for mopping. When he came downstairs this morning (I had fallen asleep on the couch...I know, I'm naughty) I got up, we talked for a bit, and when he left I started cleaning bathrooms and mopping like a madwoman.

It'll be so nice to go home to clean bathrooms and kitchen this afternoon. This is our last night for a while that we don't have plans, so I fully intend to spend it cuddled up on the couch with my husband. We're having chicken curry, and I can't wait.

No comments: