Tuesday, December 4

We Gather Together...

I'm finally posting my Thanksgiving stories and pictures. On Thursday, we joined David's parents and his sister with her family for Thanksgiving dinner. It was a feast to put it mildly: turkey, dressing, gravy, green beans, sweet potatoes with brown sugar and pecans on top, macaroni and cheese, mashed potatoes, and pineapple upside down cake and red velvet cake for dessert. (If you look at the picture of the table you'll see David delicately placing something in his mouth. It's a little sweet pickle. The Johnson family loves these little pickles and don't consider any special occasion complete without them. That's one of the most interesting things about getting married. You don't realize that every family has weird little idiosyncracies that make them each special and wonderful. I have loved discovering all of these things about the Johnsons.) We perused the sale papers, watched a Christmas movie, and hung out all day.


Patty (my SIL) and I decided to go to the outlet mall in Lebanon since it was opening at midnight. She picked me up at 11:30, and we shopped for about 3 hours. (Mall was totally crowded by the way. We had to park illegally.) Friday I slept in very late. Friday night I sent David away and put up Christmas decorations. I'll probably post some of those pictures with the rest of my Christmas pictures.
On Saturday evening we went to my parents' house for a second Thanksiving dinner. We had ham, sweet potatoes, pineapple, hash-brown casserole, green bean casserole, and pumpkin spice cake for dessert. Oh, and we had my mom's homemade wheat yeast rolls.

Doesn't Lex look so happy with his Marmee?!

AbiLyn wanted to take some pictures with my camera, so, being a doting auntie, I of course let her. I love seeing the pictures she takes. Something about the point of view is so childish and cute.

No comments: