Tuesday, December 4

A King is Coming to Town

If you remember my Survivor Babylon post from the summer you'll remember that our church does a workshop format for our summer musicals. Well, we adapted that idea for our Christmas musical this year and it worked great! We used to practice for the Christmas musical every Sunday morning and every Wednesday night for almost three months since we couldn't do the every-night-for-a-week-thing like we do in summer because kids are in school. Well, this year we had two Saturday workshops in November, a dress rehearsal the day before the play, and the play this past Sunday. We learned a lot for next year, but I think it was an overall success! This musical was also special because my niece made her theater debut! My mom and dad even got out the video camera and videoed it. The little girl with AbiLyn is her friend Kaylee. I'll have to devote a whole post someday to my friends and how those relationships are now carrying over to their kids. Anyway, congratulations to all involved. You did great!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just in case you didn't see her there was another adorable little blond on the other side of the stage :)- who spent most of the play choking herself with her SCARF!!! Her grand summation of her first Christmas play experience was - "You stand on the step, sing the song and go straight back to your seat! The big kids stand on the stage, the little kids stand on the steps and my spot is right beside Lila." (all the while wagging her finger at us - very Sis. Sloan fashion -hee-hee-hee!!)
RRB

Anonymous said...

The kids did a fantastic job and yes, we're glad it's over, right? Oh BTW, we got a preview of the footage they'll be showing at the Family Christmas program on Dec 16 of past musicals during the 1980's and early 1990's era. You and your sisters were rising stars, too.
Eddie

Anonymous said...

Not being biased or anything... but she is so cute! Sometimes I can't believe I made her!

Liz

Anonymous said...

Hi. Our church is doing this musical this year. Any advice you can give me as I am one of the few in charge. My email address is bblunkall@woh.rr.com.